Privacy Notice for Commercial Services
Purpose for processing your information
Harrow Council provides a range of Commercial Services aimed at delivering trusted and competitive services. These services are available to all interested parties including Harrow's residents, businesses and schools.
We collect the following information:
In the running and maintenance of our site we may collect the following:
- Site Usage information relating to the pages viewed and resources accessed during your visit. This may include location, communication and general traffic data.
- Information provided voluntarily through sign-up.
- Information provided through communication with us.
This information is only used for the intended purpose but if we intend to use it for any other purpose; we will normally ask you first. In some cases, the Council may use your information for another purpose if it has a legal duty to do so, to provide a complete service to you, to prevent and detect fraud, or if there is a risk of serious harm or threat to life.
How we collect your information
We collect information in a number of ways, for example, by letter, email, face-to-face, telephone and online forms.
Any information collected is used to provide an enhanced service. In addition we may use the information for one or more of the following:
- Providing information to you relating to our products or services.
- To inform you of any changes to our website.
Who the information is shared with
Your personal information will not be disclosed to any party other than in accordance with this Privacy notice and in the following circumstances:
- When a part or all of our business is sold
- Where required by law
- To reduce the risk of fraud
- Links to Third Parties
How long do we keep your information?
We keep the information for 7 years
Your rights and access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
The new General Data Protection Regulation also gives you additional rights about the information we hold about you and how we use it, including the right to:
- Withdraw consent and the right to object and restrict further processing of your data; however, this may affect service delivery to you.
- Request to have your data deleted where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing and provided that there are no legitimate grounds for retaining it.
- Request your data to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Have your data transferred or copied should you move to another authority
- Not be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
To submit a Subject Access Request visit our request page.
If you have any concerns
Please contact us if you would like to know more about the information we hold about you and how we use it, you can email us at Commercial.Services@harrow.gov.uk.
You have a right to complain to us if you think we have not complied with our obligation for handling your personal information; please visit our Compliments and Complaints page.
If you are not satisfied with the Council’s response you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can report a concern by visiting the ICO website.
Changes in your circumstances
You must notify us immediately if there are any changes in your circumstances and personal details so we can maintain an accurate and up to date record of your information.
You can easily adjust your computer settings to decline cookies. Find out how to do this here.