About Harrow Film
Perfectly located to the north-west of London, near to the green belt and with excellent transport links including access to the M25/M1/M40 with easy access to central London (20 minutes by train to Marylebone and 12 minutes to Euston), Harrow is a diverse borough, close to central London.
The area provides a range of locations from urban, industrial, picturesque and historic ‘Harrow on the Hill and leafy affluent 1920s/1930s residential streets and spectacular views of the London skyline.
The Harrow Film Service provides a one-stop service for managing filming and photography on behalf of the Council. All professional filming and photography on Council land or public roads is licensed by us. All work is guided by the principles of the London Filming Partnership.
The Harrow Film Service works with all types of productions from student films to big blockbuster productions and anything in between.
We cater to productions needs by:
- Sourcing the right locations
- Arranging site visits equipped with the knowledge required for your chosen location (first recce free of charge)
- Issuing film licences for film and photography
- Arranging road closures and traffic management orders with our Highways team
- Facilitating parking
- Liaising with residents and businesses where required
- Liaising with the police and CCTV
Applying to Film
Once you have found the location you would like to use, make an application.
The application process:
- Choose your location
- Confirm availability with the Film Service (you can also check the London Works register for any planned road works)
- For large shoots you will need to arrange a site visit
- Make your application via FILM APP
- Call or email the Film Service to make sure it has been received
- Partners such as the police will be told. It is the production company’s responsibility to tell residents and businesses affected.
- Once agreed a filming licence will be issued
Applications are processed quickly but please give as much notice as possible