- Length:1 day
- Cost:£78.00 per person
A one day course designed specifically for those who have responsibilities for facilities or premises management.
More information about this course
The course trains candidates to be aware of their responsibilities in respect of the significant aspects of health and safety related to the premises that they manage. Particular emphasis is given to Fire Safety, Asbestos and Legionella.
This course has been designed to enable candidates to understand some of the key elements of Legionella awareness and control; the training is structured to ensure that they achieve the following objectives:-
- To be fully aware of Health and safety legislation relating to premises management
- Understand the importance of managing asbestos, water systems, fire safety and contractors
- To identify possible hazards in the workplace
- To know how to use permit to work procedures, safe systems of work, risk assessment and organisational policy and procedures to control and manage risk.
The course will also give an overview of the main legislation covering Legionella control in the UK with particular emphasis on ACOP. L8 Candidates will receive a Harrow council certificate in Premise Management.
Premises Manager course content
- Introduction to premises management
- Health and safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Workplace health safety and welfare provisions
- Managing contractors
- Method statements
- PTW procedures
- Legionella Control
- Written Schemes
- Practical control measures
- Management of Asbestos
- Asbestos products and typical locations
- Asbestos management plan
- Asbestos surveys
- Fire safety management
- Regulatory reform (fire safety) order 2005
- Typical Fire Hazards
- Fire emergency plans and PEEPS
- Waste management