Food Hygiene (Level 3) Supervising Food Safety
- Length:3 days
- Cost:£275.00 per person
A three day externally accredited course designed for supervisors/managers who have direct responsibilities for managing staff to provide safe food.
More information about this course
The course covers a wide range of topics to enable supervisors to make decisions with regard to food safety. Emphasis is placed on the measures necessary to control the most common reasons for food poisoning outbreaks including temperature control, effective cooling, storage and thawing, preventing contamination and the destruction of food poisoning bacteria. The course content is laid down by HABC the accrediting organisation.
- This course will help candidates to understand the reasons for:
- Effective HACCP arrangements in the catering business
- Monitoring and Measuring standards to achieve control
- Preventing food poisoning
- The supervisors circle of responsibility (the food safety equation)
Candidates who successfully complete this course and pass the 2 hour (60 question) multiple choice examination papers will receive a nationally recognised certificate from the accrediting body.
Level 3 course content
- Introduction to food safety supervision
- Contamination and control
- Food poisoning and foodborne disease
- Personal hygiene
- The storage and temperature control of food
- Food spoilage and preservation
- The design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Supervision of food safety
- Food safety management systems
- Supervisors specific responsibilities
- Food safety legislation
- Multiple choice question exam paper
Please note: To request to undertake an exam resit please contact us using our online enquiry form.